Friday, September 10, 2010

Masterpiece theatre


Have you ever noticed that you have to be over 50 and closer to 60 before Masterpiece theater on PBS appeals to you. It is not as though I am old enough to remember the Dickensian workhouse, but I guess I am close enough for those 19th century scenes to come alive. Whenever I have my young friends over to watch my giant TV and I have a great night of Middlemarch loaded in the VCR, they yell, "Are you kidding. Costume Drama is for old people." Actually that is not true. They yell that when I am in America. In Canada they say, "This looks great" and then they fall asleep in their popcorn.

1 comment:

  1. Methinks you also have to be over 50 before you get so sick and tired of commercials that the only channels you can stand are the ones that don't interrupt the program with repetitive advertising every 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete